Job Description – Grade 2 Tire Technician
Do you love Cars, Buses, and Trucks? Do you Love Tire Science and CAR Racing? Do you like Classic cars? Do you want to work OUTDOORS? Do you want the chance to work on Pit Lane as a Tire Specialist? Come join our innovative, science-driven, young and energetic company! The Fuel & Tire Saver Systems (F&TS) Company provides proprietary mobile tire inflation services using our specialty, one-of-a-kind, patented Mobile Inspection and Nitrogen Inflation system. WINNER of the 2022 Loudoun Innovation Challenge and recently named to the top 10 fleet maintenance service providers. In this position, you will visit customers and provide tire inspection and AASTRAEA Nitrogen inflation service to vehicle fleets using our protocol method. We are a fast-growing company that makes every customer safer, more energy efficient and more profitable. Long term career opportunities and growth, multiple office locations, and long-term professional development and training and growth. Advancement to lead van technician. Top techs join our professional race team affiliates and perform as tire technicians trackside. Shift premium and daily achievement bonus. Requires travel and overnight work as needed. Advancement to be the position of team leader.
- Job requires tire inspection and inflation with an automated system. May involve tire changes and minor tire repair. We will train.
- Service regular customers onsite as part of an ongoing service contract
- Must be prompt and timely, Respect customers and be a team player
- Visually inspect tires, measure tire pressures, inflate, analyze, inform customer, interface with engineering team. Become a tire inspection professional and understand tire science.
- Operate special machinery
- Familiar with car, bus and truck tires
- Keep vehicles clean, organized, and presentable at all times
- Communicate all work performed via notes and communicate with engineering team.
- Complete a Vehicle Inspection Report with each job daily
- Know the dangers of tire inflation on large high-pressure bus and truck tires
- Will provide field audits and inflation and operate testing equipment
- Steady part-time hours on a regular basis leading to full-time
- Must have a valid VA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner and abide by company safety policies
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma/GED; Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Clean and Valid Driver’s License proof of acceptable driving record
- Ability to receive instructions and work independently with a positive attitude
- The ability to operate machinery with moving parts
- Must know how to properly load and secure cargo,
- Ability to apply basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Compliance with all company policies
- Ability to follow all safety policies
- Must speak English fluently as primary language.
Minimum Physical Requirements: Ability to primarily work outdoors, during all weather conditions Light Lifting – 75 lobs typically.
- Ability to pass the vision and physical components of the State driving exam including close vision and depth perception
- Ability to sit and stand throughout the workday
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, push, pull and reach on a regular basis
- Manual dexterity needed to use hand tools
Job Type: Part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week, leading to possible Full-Time opportunity.
REQUIRED HOURS: We operate 24/7/365. Must be available for prearranged work schedule. May require weekend work or remote travel and overnight stay (company paid lodging and meal allowance)
Average 25-33 hours per week plus possible overnight work at a premium rate.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative We operatand risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Weekends required
- Night shift
- 10 hour shifts
Typical start time: You will be assigned to one of several shifts
- Shifts start times 5AM, 11 AM, 4pm, or 9 PM
- Morning Shift 1: 5 AM-1 PM,
- Daytime Shift 2: 11AM-7PM
- Afternoon Shift 2b: 2PM – 10PM
- Night Shift 3: 7PM- 2 AM
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.50 – $29.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sterling, VA 20166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Where is your home located? Canidates must live in Starling or within 15 miles from Sterling, VA office.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: In person