Job Description – INTERN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, 20-30 HOURS PER WEEK
PART-TIME STERLING VA HEADQUARTERS LOCATION.
Join the APPLE of Tire Optimization!
Intern Electrical Engineer Job Summary:
The Electrical Engineering Intern takes the initiative in utilizing best practice engineering skills in debugging electronic circuits, designing advanced circuits, analyzing existing designs and providing manufacturing and manufacturing support for production, and documenting design and evaluation notes for a critical component of our patented system. Engineering intern must know electronic circuits and ability to solder and build test circuits. Expertise in electronics for measurement and control. Must also be a strong communication with exceptional PC skills. Works to the direction of the lead engineering and the company CEO. Works as the primary Electrical Engineering point of contact within Fuel & Tire Saver Systems, LLC (FTS). Works as a liaison between critical functional roles of Operations Management and Scheduling, Revenue Manager, and Tire Technicians. The Electrical Engineer Marketing Specialist will be cross-functionally trained and expected to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts. Opportunities exist for the electrical engineering in Tire Data Analytics TDA and in our racing research with professional racing teams. Candidate must know Circuit design and circuit analysis and electronic packaging and fabrication and soldering. Must have some mechanical engineering packaging understanding. Candidates must have strong communication skills with excellent writing ability and be very organized.
The Fuel & Tire Saver Systems Company is revolutionizing the vehicle tire management and tire optimization business an industry which it has created. A startup company, our service is applicable to all types of vehicles and improves safety, saves fuel, reduces tire wear, and helps the environment. With one patent and others on the way, we expect to expand to 3 locations shortly. This is a key position reporting to the CEO.
- Work starting part-time, 30 hours per week, moving toward full-time after graduation.
- Enhance electronics design and assembly, and production operations.
- Electronics analysis and debug.
- Work closely and interface with Software development.
- Work with CEO to develop and implement new system features.
- Participate in production and manufacturing operations.
- Use Engineering Creativity to solve complex problems.
- Participate in parts selection and procurement.
- Assist in maintaining the FTS website.
- Use internal company systems in a timely and effective manner.
- Electrical Engineering expertise and experience with circuit design and assembly.
- Exceptional math and computational skills.
- Ability to work well in team environment. Adaptable, flexible and results oriented.
- Willing to work adverse hours to meet production schedule
- Self-starter able to jump in and contribute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and ability to learn others.
- Self-starter, reliable, team player, enthusiastic about the automotive industry.
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing Electrical Engineering degree at a high-quality accredited institution.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at bench or desk working on a computer.
- Must be able to operate on manufacturing tools.
- Must have experience soldering wire joints, chips and circuits on boards.
- Must be able to create build routing documents and follow instructions closely.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
About Fuel & Tire Saver Systems Company, LLC
We design, manufacture, and develop patented mobile nitrogen tire inflation systems and services to support fleet operations. We save fuel, reduce tire wear and help the environment. We are working with a leading NASCAR race team to develop our technology and we are expanding to multiple locations. Learn more about us at www.fuelandtiresaver.com
We are the APPLE of Tire Optimization!
Interested Applicants should submit resumes, salary history, and a cover letter to:
The Fuel & Tire Saver Systems Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in building a high-performance team of diverse individuals. We aspire to be a world-class company providing valuable and specialized fleet services nationwide, helping our customers save fuel, extend tire life, and improve safety while helping the environment. We put science into action!